This policy applies to training programmes based on CAA syllabi. It should be read in conjunction with all other policies in this Quality Manual, particularly:
- Assessment Policy
- Equality Policy
- Malpractice and Maladministration Policy
- Appeals Policy
- Complaints and Whistleblowing Policy
- Reasonable Adjustment and Special Consideration Policy
This policy relates to the requirements under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We are committed to best practice in ensuring the protection of data in relation to our stakeholders (employees, learners, contractors). We will handle, process and protect personal data in line with the related legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all of our staff are trained in their requirements under the relevant legislation and regulations.
- Use the personal data provided to us for a specified purpose.
- Create an electronic record of your training programme(s). It may also be used to compile statistics, or to assist awarding organisations to do so, provided that no statistical information would identify you as an individual.
- Only collect the personal data we require to meet our regulatory requirements under relevant legislation and to provide the best service and support to learners.
- Keep personal data for only as long as necessary and keep it safe from unauthorised processing and accidental loss, damage or destruction.
- Ensure the personal data we hold is accurate and current. We will ensure that personal data held is monitored on a regular basis and make changes in a timely manner.
- Allow stakeholders to access any personal data we hold on them, subject to a written request to the Quality Manager. We will respond to requests within 10 working days, unless there is a valid reason for a delay. Any delays will be explained in writing by the Quality Manager.
- Ensure our stakeholders are aware of their responsibilities under the General Data Protection Regulation during induction and through Learner Handbooks and the Quality Manual.
- Store materials containing personal or protectively marked information securely. If the materials are no longer needed, we will dispose of them securely.